Ritual Committee – Plans community observances and celebrations of Jewish holidays and Shabbat.
Social Action / Mitzvah Committee – Organizes community social action projects and community responses to members in need.
Our community is actively involved with fulfilling the mitzvah of tikkun olam, repairing the world. Not only do these project help others, they are also a good way for our members to get to know each other. Recent projects have included:
• Assisting congregants with rides, meals, housecleaning, running errands and child care during times of need such as a death in the family or illness;
• Hosting monthly community dinners open to the public at Westminster Presbyterian Church;
• Habitat for Humanity build days;
• Cleaning up fall leaves for seniors;
• Making plates of cookies and delivering them to area fire and police stations, assisted living facilities and elderly neighbors and relatives;
• Helping sort clothing donations for flood victims; and
• Volunteering at the Step Out: Walk for Diabetes walk in Denver.
Communications – Oversee publicity of community events and the publication of the newsletter.
Social Committee – Plans social events for children, families and adults.
Education Committee – Responsible for religious school, adult education and intergenerational programming.
Membership & Outreach Committee – Is in charge of welcoming new members and in helping new and/or potential members feel welcome.
Fundraising Committee – In charge of fundraising events such as dinners, auctions, etc.